The workshop introduced an efficient approach to the development of a Smart City Strategy through 7 key steps that represent the basis of a smart transformation.
1. step: (Strong) Leadership Commitment: Choose what is connected with the city. Prioritize and stick with it.
2. step: Knowledge & Awareness: Define what needs to be done, plan employees’ tasks, and address the crucial question: What kind of smart city do we need?
3. step: Stockholders’ & Citizens’ participation: Raise knowledge and awareness and actively include different stakeholders into the strategy design.
4. step: Strategy design: Identify vision and its indicators, goals, and mission.
5. step: Finance & Legal: Create the framework.
6. step: Smart City – Platform: Integrate the plan by using supporting smart technology.
7. step: Project Implementation: Implement, evaluate, and improve.