Future of cities Award 2014
Future of Cities Award 2014 tender for nomination is open from June 1st 2014 until September 5th 2014!
We are looking for innovative city development projects on water, transport, energy, and housing.
The aim of Ljubljana Forum Award is to identify, promote and reward innovative good practices in the field of developing future of cities.Selection Criteria
- The project has already been implemented and was completed in the period 2012-2014.
- The project contributes to the Europe 2020 strategy in terms of promoting smart, sustainable and inclusive growth.
- The project contributes to the development of new jobs with high added value.
- The project brings added value to the development of urban areas of the South-East Europe in terms of actual progress in urban, economic, technological and social development.
- The project promotes the meaning and the identity of Europe.
Who is eligible?
- Public administration authorities
- Research institutions
Projects, created and implemented in cooperation of various partners, are highly welcome!
Ljubljana Forum Award 2013 was granted to Ada Bridge in Belgrade
Ljubljana is European green capital 2016
Ljubljana is the political, administrative, cultural and economic centre of Slovenia and is home to over 280,000 inhabitants. Ljubljana impressed the Jury by the significant transformation which has been made by the city in sustainability over the previous 10 - 15 years. This transformation has been achieved in areas including local transport and the pedestrianizing of the city centre.
From being a city which was previously dominated by car transport the focus is now on public transport and on pedestrian and cycling networks. The most significant measure that has been taken has been the modification of the traffic regime on the main traffic artery (Slovenska Street).
In addition to this the Jury recognised the example Ljubljana has shown by sharing its experiences and solutions in managing natural disasters. This was demonstrated in recent times by its work with the Balkan Region during the recent flooding crisis.