of Ljubljana Forum 2014
- 1. Presentation of success factors for Ljubljana becoming Green Capital of
- 2. Openning of the Smarter Cities Demo Room for South East Europe by IBM
- 3. Presenatation of the City of Bilbao: good practise case of buidling a modern
- 4. Presentation of Smart City Platform with industry solutions
- 5. Mayors - City Leaders will present City good practies case
Future of cities Award 2014
We are proud to announce that the 2nd Ljubljana Forum award was granted to the project "CENTER FOR EDUCATION OF CHILDREN ON THE PROTECTION OF ENVIRONMENT AND WATER SYSTEMS" Municipality of Podgorica, MONTENEGRO.
Ljubljana is European green capital 2016
Ljubljana is the political, administrative, cultural and economic centre of Slovenia and is home to over 280,000 inhabitants. Ljubljana impressed the Jury by the significant transformation which has been made by the city in sustainability over the previous 10 - 15 years. This transformation has been achieved in areas including local transport and the pedestrianizing of the city centre.
From being a city which was previously dominated by car transport the focus is now on public transport and on pedestrian and cycling networks. The most significant measure that has been taken has been the modification of the traffic regime on the main traffic artery (Slovenska Street).
In addition to this the Jury recognised the example Ljubljana has shown by sharing its experiences and solutions in managing natural disasters. This was demonstrated in recent times by its work with the Balkan Region during the recent flooding crisis.